New VW Phaeton confirmed

Volkswagen hates itself.  It wants to fail, and it wants to die.  In that spirit, the new VW CEO, Martin Winterkorn confirmed that we’ll see a new Phaeton by 2011.  Someone with half a brain needs to beat Mr. Winterkorn over the head, preferably with a large shovel.  VW has Audi – AUDI IS THE VW LUXURY BRAND.  VW IS NOT A LUXURY BRAND.

When you think of VW, what vehicle do you think of?  I bet 70% of people said the Beetle… with the other 30% falling between the Jetta / Golf / Rabbit.  No one thinks of luxury.  No one.  VW – if you want to die so bad, just stop building cars, and close up shop.  It will be less painful too watch.

Source.

Published on February 13, 2007 in Volkswagen

Previous post:

Next post: